Re: [PHP] php not allowed in .htaccess

On Tue, 31 May 2005 23:13:38 -0700 (PDT)
Richard Lynch <ceo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, May 25, 2005 3:01 pm, Jack Jackson said:
> >   Hi, dumb config issue.
> >

> > I'm putting a php_value include_path statement in an .htaccess file
> >
> >    php_value include_path
> > ".:/home/user/public_html/dis/admin/:/home/nick/"
> >    php_value auto_prepend_file
> > /home/user/public_html/dis/admin/wcsconf.php
> >

> > and getting a 500 Server Error. Apache logs say, ".htaccess:
> > php_value not allowed here"
> >
> > Where can I change this behavior - is this an apache httpd.conf or
> > php.ini setting? Something else?
>
> For sure in httpd.conf -- as Apache is the one complaining about
> php_value not being allowed.
>
> Probably your AllowOverrides settings are "off"...
>
> I'm not an expert, though, and this probably now belongs on an Apache
> list anyway...
> http://apache.org

This may or may not help.

Im in the process of installing Mambo as a CMS. To get Search engine
freindly URLs Mambo needs access to .htaccess files. It needs to know
the username of Apache (Nobody or was it nobody) and mod_rewrite needs
to be in PHP. Apache needs ZLib and MySQL support compiled in.

All this is available from phpinfo() on the server. I am using a remote
host.

One of these items may be inhibiting your results. Check mod_rewrite
especially.

HTH
 --
Michael