Re: HTML source code is cut off in some cases with Windows 2003 SP 1, IIS, PHP 5.0.4, CGI/FastCGI

I am actually surprised that configuration works at all for you. I was
using the exact same configuration but I needed php_ldap.dll module
for AD authentication. For some reason, I couldn't load modules with
2003, IIS6 , SP1 and PHP 4.3.10 or 5.0.4.

As far as the strange behavior, it was suggested to me that I should
use ISAPI with IIS. I haven't had the opportunity to heavily test the
stability but everything seems to work fine. So using ISAPI instead of
CGI might help your issues.

Can anyone else comment on ISAP vs CGI for newer PHP releases?

Hope this helps

-Shinan

On 5/17/05, Marco Abächerli <ma@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have a problem with Windows 2003 SP 1, IIS, PHP 5.0.4, CGI and FastCGI.
>
> In some cases the PHP generated HTML source code delivered to the client is
> cut off. Not the whole HTML source code ist deliverd. This occurs not
> regularly.
>
> Example: call page test.php -> the site is well displayed. Open a new
> browser window, call the same page -> the last part of the page will not be
> displayed. I can't figure out a rule. Sometimes it works sometimes it
> doesn't.
>
> I tested the problem with the following installations:
>
> Error occurs:
> - PHP 5.0.4 CGI
> - PHP 5.0.4 CGI with Zend Optimizer
> - PHP 5.0.4 FastCGI with Zend WinEnabler 1.2
>
> No Error:
> - Static HTML file
> - PHP 4.3.7 CGI
> - PHP 4.3.9 FastCGI mit Zend WinEnabler 1.2
> - PHP 5.0.4 ISAPI
>
> This error occurs only after updating our test server to SP1.
>
> Thanks,
> Marco Abächerli
>
> --

Shinan S. Kassam