RE: How to setup the mail server so that I can use mail() function

As a point of warning - be sure that you know what you're doing before you
simply enable an SMTP server that is externally routable. If you're not sure
how SMTP servers work then you could be creating an open relay that people
will quickly find and use to spam other people.

When you turn on the IIS SMTP server it is initially enabled as an open
relay. Be sure you spend some time learning how to lock it down so that your
machine can't be used by spammers. And trust me, they'll probably find you
within a matter of hours if you do have an externally routable IP.

-M