Compiling Win32 extensions (VC++)

Hello,

I am trying to compile Doru Petrescu's Upload Progress Meter extension on Win32.  (See http://pdoru.from.ro/upload-progress-meter.)  This is a great extension, it works very well... on linux, for which it was designed.

I am using MS Visual Studio (Visual C++ 6.0) as my build environment, set up as described in the tutorial at http://www.devnewz.com/2002/0909.html.  When trying to compile, I get the message:  "error C2065: 'tsrm_ls' : undeclared identifier."  This is somewhere in PHP's TSRM (Thread Safe Resource Manager) code.  As I understand it, all Windows PHP extensions must be "thread safe."  If I remove the "ZTS=1" from the preprocessor directives, the module will compile nicely into a .dll file... but PHP won't load with it enabled.  I imagine this is because I removed the thread safe stuff in order to make it compile.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get the darn thing to compile in such a manner that will make PHP accept it and load the module?

Help greatly appreciated,

Jeff