Re: Problem with PHP functions under Win2K3

Ken wrote:
On Apr 7, 2005 12:11 PM, Juhász Zoltán <php@xxxxxx> wrote:

Hi!

I installed PHP 4 on Windows 2003 Enterprise to test it. Some functions
cannot work, example $REMOTE_ADDR, $HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE, etc.
All functions get back an error:

Notice: Undefined variable: HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE in
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\terrachat_hu\detectlang.php on line 16

I have not found information about this symptom. I don't know how can solve it. I think this functions posted by the browser.
Why can not get this informations the PHP?

I installed the PHP 5 and the problem has not solved yet.

Have you got any idea?

JZO

you mean $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']?
check the predefined variables bit in the manual

http://se2.php.net/reserved.variables

in other words, your problem is register_globals being off while you expect it to be on.