Re: Optimize php code

You need to find out where the code is spending its time. You can quickly do that calling the microtome() function at various points in your program and then calculating the time spent. Once you have located the bottlenecks then you will need to think about your design, "Can this be improved?" Obviously there is no universal panacea.

graeme.

martin hochreiter wrote:

Hi there!

I'm not the experienced php user, but I've been using
php for a while and I've already written some bigger
applications with it.

These bigger applications are the 'problem', I know
how to optimize database access but I have no idea
how to optimize php code ... what makes php slow,
what constructions, commands whatever I have to
avoid.

Can someone please give me a hint?

lg
martin

-- Experience is a good teacher, but she sends in terrific bills.

Minna Antrim