Accessing MSWord Error - New to PHP

Hi All

I hope someone can help me I am trying to open Word using:

$word = new COM("word.application")

calling Word methods to add a couple of lines of data, then saving the file.

I am using PHP v4 XP with IIS 5 and php.ini PHP installed directly with its
installer.

The script appears to open word as it appears in the processes.

Error message: 1.  php.exe has caused a problem and will close. (standard
windows)
2. In browser : Specified CGI application is misbehaving by not returning a
complete set of HTTP headers.

Any pointers or help will be gratefully received.

Ken
ken@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx