XP and PHP

Hi
  New at this game. I loaded php5 on XP with the php installer. I cannot get
a varable to parse. Can anyone help. I do believe it is with the
instalation. I have checked the rights to the ini file and the the php
directory - i gave full control to try and get it working. Set the path
varable. Here is the code which is in the root directory of the IIS web
site. Right are correct on these files.

<head>
  <title>PHP Test</title>
</head>