Rolling my own PHP Classifieds CMS system..

Hi everyone,

I'm kinda working on a limited budget and wondered if someone could offer
some tips, pointers, ideas toward my project. I'd like to write my own
Classified Ads content management system initially for free usage however I
would like to eventually use it as a commercial service.  Anyone have any
thoughts on this?

Many thanks in advance,

Jim