Re: outlook calendar

tg-php@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
You know, I forgot but I think that depending on the version of Outlook, you might have to replace the "outlook.application" with something else.

Maybe not.. hmm.. I can't find any examples where something other than 'outlook.application' is used.  Maybe I'm wrong there.

I think you're right that we need to instantiate "outlook.application". I'm still not sure what might be wrong in my particular case though, but this could be useful to me for so many things that I'll do a little more digging.

At any rate, I'd check to make sure you're instantiating the COM object.  Maybe try connecting to Excel or another MS program via COM.

I havn't played with PHP5 yet, so can't tell ya if it does anythig differently or needs any extra TLC.

Apparently COM is *quite* different in PHP5. For others that are interested in this problem, take a look here: http://www.zend.com/php5/articles/php5-dotnet.php

This is a *very* cool article and well worth the read.  If you keep
programming PHP in Windows then eventually you'll want to know how to
use COM.

Let us know if you find anything interesting.

-TG

--
Teach a man to fish...

NEW? | http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html