Re: sharing files over network with XP Home and PHP?

Something you probably didn't notice is that it doesn't make that much of a
difference.. Not on home anyway.. The normal system service user can access
those files as well (well, they have the same access anyway).. The only
difference I've seen is that now I can access shared network files as well..
If you need security, don't even consider XP, and even more not home.. Now,
if you can tell me a security hole I've opened (apart from network access
which was my goal with this), I'll take back my suggestion..

--
// DvDmanDT
MSN: dvdmandt¤hotmail.com
"Mikey" <frak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> skrev i meddelandet

> >When having firewalls and stuff that shouldn't really be a problem..
Also,
> >notice that I would only recommend it for home users.. The reason I want
it
> >as admin is to give it full access to everything so.. And why I want
that?
> >So that I can do just about anything you could possibly think of.. Using
> >FFI
> >if necessary.. Besides.. Is it really _that_ big differense? I know some
> >differences, but how much of it would matter in this case? Access to
> >everyones documents and what else (in home edition that is)? XP anyway
have
> >a feature that I have a feeling will give access to any users anyway..
>
> What you choose to do on your network is up to you, of course, but I think
> it is very bad practice to offer advice on a PHP mailing list that advises
> people that have machines (potentially connected to the internet) set up
> with wide open shares and apache running as Administrator.  I am not so
sure
> that you cannot set the permissions of the folder correctly anyway, and it
> is only my lack of Windows XP that has stopped me from commenting on this.
>
> If you wish to employ bad practice for your own home setup that is fine,
> please don't post to this group (which is archived and will be searched)
and