RE: sharing files over network with XP Home and PHP?

Yoiks!!!

> I accutually got it working.. Here's the steps for anyone with the same
> problems:

> 1. Make sure you share the folder on comp2 you want to access from comp1
> (the one with Apache/PHP)..
> 2. Make sure Apache is running as a user (), and that user should be
> administrator (optional, but recommended for home users), and it seems
> like it needs to have a password to work (couldn't get it to login without
> a password)..
> 3. Test..

Running apache as Administrator is exactly the same as running it as root on
a *nix machine - if Apache crashes (much more likely in Win32) then the
person attacking will have full access to everything on your machine. Do you
really need me to tell you that this is a *bad idea*?

Mikey