Re: HTML in PHP to a File

Hail Mike,

The ancient mystics foretold that on 13 January 2005, at 03:05:02 +0100
(which was 01:46 where I live) Mike rearranged electrons to get

> I have a PHP file that outputs HTML to the Internet to a user. The user
> also wants to be able to print that output to a printer. The user wants
> it formatted with page breaks in the proper place and so on. Using one
> PHP script to do both, short of a line to display and a line to print, is
> there a way to do this easily or am I in a pond of alligators? Most of
> the output is using an echo statement. I thought of trying to take a var
> and set it top echo or write according to what is needed at that time.
> Here is my minitest.

> <?php
> echo "<P>The test is starting";

> $echowrite = "echo ";

> $echowrite."<P>This is the first line.";

> echo "<P>You should have seen the first line by now.";

?>>

> Did not work!  Hey I'll try anything to get this to work!  LOL

> Seriously, how can this be done?

I am not sure what you problem is here. I think that you are trying to put
a page break into HTML. If so them have a look at

http://slackerhtml.tripod.com/stylesheets/pagebreaks.html

However this is for CSS2 comparable browsers IE4 and above, I have not
tested it with other browsers.

--
  David                   |    David  Elliott   |    Software Engineer    |