4.3.10 upgrade problem: The specified procedure could not be found.

I'm upgrading my 4.3.3 installations to 4.3.10 (due to bugs per SANS
recommendation).  In the past, the upgrade process has been smooth - I
simply copied the new files over the top of the old ones, updated php.ini.
restarted IIS and I was done.

When I performed the same procedure this time I get the following error
message when I run my "helloworld.php" test script (and my phpBB site
stopped working):

    "The specified procedure could not be found."

Anybody have a clue as to what the problem is?

When I reinstalled the 4.3.3 files into my install folder, php worked again.

- greg e.