Re: Timer in Safe Mode

Mikea wrote:
Why would I want that? Is that the answer to getting around timeouts? I'm not sure what you are telling me. Thanks.

Mike

No it is not the answer to timeouts... whoops! All righty well it seems that you are trying to call set_time_limit but your PHP binary is running in safe mode? If this is the case then you are SOL... you either will have to get the administrator to change max_execution_time as previously mentioned or live with the max time.

Are you certain this is a timeout issue? PHP should run indefinitely up until the timeout limit unless you have something else that terminates script execution. There are a lot of things that could be causing premature termination... including using up too much memory? Try increasing the memory limit as well... that is, if you want to allow that to happen :P