PHP-based survey software?

Does anyone have recommendations of specific OS software they have used for
constructing surveys?  I've been using www.votations.com but it's not all
that satisfactory and my boss wants something that will reside on our server
and not look third party.  I've looked through hotscripts but it's always
very hard to tell what is going to be reliable.

Anne