Re: How to parse XML in php

Jason Barnett wrote:
Please start a new thread when you ask a new question.

Pravin-Kumar wrote:

hi!
How can i parse a xml file in php. need to do some extension enable or what? give me some details. i had tried xml_parse() yet but not working :(

i am getting error messages.........

Warning: xml_parse(): Unable to call handler startElement() in f:\xml\xml.php on line 23

Never mind, I should have read your error message better the first time around...

If you're using the SAX parser then you need to define handler functions for start and end tags. Did you create a function called startElement and have it do the work you require of it for start tags? You'll also need to create the handler for the end tags. See php.net's website for more info on this.