Problems with require.

Im having a problem that im assuming is related to my core PHP code
rather than the pear file I am trying to include (though if you folks
think I need to look into that, thats ok too). Basically im seeing the
following when I try to load my page:

Warning: main(DB.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such
file or directory in c:\wamp\www\testing\Ch4\test_dbi.php on line 26

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'DB.php'
(include_path=':c:/wamp/www/PEAR:c:/wamp/www/phplib:c:/wamp/www/testing/ch4/class:.;C:\php5\pear')
in c:\wamp\www\testing\Ch4\test_dbi.php on line 26

The line in question is:

require_once 'DB.php';

I have added the path to my PEAR directory thru the path command, though
when I print out the contents for my $PEAR_DIR variable it shows as :
c:/wamp/www/PEAR. Not sure if it matters that the slashes are
linux-style or not, but I thought I would point that out. I browsed to
the directory and DB.php does exist there and I have even tried hard
coding the full path ( i.e. require_once 'c:\wamp\www\PEAR\DB.php' and
also with /'s instead of \'s) and it still nets the same errors. Anyone
have any idea why this is happening?

What power would hell have if those imprisoned here would not be able to dream of heaven?