RES: $username=$_REQUEST vs .$_POST["userName"]?

Hi!

1st: I was too lazy to read your whole message... So I'll just answer your
1st question.

========================
"Assuming you have not omitted any of the code for script 2:
> You need to have a get the posted value at the start of script 2 i.e.
> $username = $_REQUEST['userName'];
                vs.
> ". $_POST["userName"] ."</h3>";
> Mike
And assuming both Armando and Mikes answers work which method is
the more correct?"
=======================

I guess $_POST is better for security reasons. $_REQUEST is the better for
agility reasons.

$_REQUEST groups _POST, _GET and _COOKIE vars, so, if you have a COOKIE var
"logged" that may have values "true" or "false" and a visitor write the URL
www.yourpage.com/index.php?logged=true, when you use $_REQUEST['logged'],
either if the user isn't logged in the COOKIE, the value for "logged" will
be "true".

I hope I've been helpful.

Regards,

Rafael Soares - AgênciaM