Re: Recommended PHP search engine?

Hello,

On 11/08/2004 04:11 PM, Anne Shroeder wrote:
I'm hoping I can get some recommendations for a search engine to implement
on my site - actually, I have two needs:

(1) Site 1:  Linux-based, 10,000+ page site, currently on shared server (no
root access) but moving to dedicated server within 2 months.  Very little-no
need for searching through database information (only .shtml and .php text
pages)
(2) Site 2:  Windows-based, 500-1000 page site, currently on shared server.
No database, just .htm and .php pages.

I've gone through about 100 listings in hotscripts.com and not yet found a
good solution, so hoping to get a recommendation through this list.

You may want to try HTDig. It works by crawling your site. So, it does not have to run in the same server where the server is running.

If you want to provide a Web interface for setup, indexing, and searching with PHP, you may want to use this ready to use class for that purpose:

http://www.phpclasses.org/htdiginterface

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos