From: Anne Shroeder [mailto:anne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, November 05, 2004 11:58 AM
To: php-windows@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  Server-level redirect?

I'm converting an entire site from .html and .shtml files to .php.
Unfortunately a lot of the internal pages have been bookmarked by users,
and
so what I'd like to do is have a script that checks for the existence of
.php file with the same name (e.g. the file used to be contacts.shtml
and
now it is contacts.php) and redirects automatically.    I actually need
do this both on an IIS machine as well as Linux - and presumably the
method
will be different for each.

Anne