Yet another MySQL+PHP5 issue

I am running PHP 5.0.2 and MySQL 4.0.21-nt

the install directory (C:\WBP\PHP\) is in the path. The MySQL dir is not in the path.

I am attempting to use the PHP shell/command line feature (rather than web server), however I get this result:

C:\> php -v
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dyanamic library './php_mysql.dll' - The specified module could not be found.

This occures with libmysql.dll in either the php dir, %WINDIR% and %WINDIR%\system32.

If I place it in any of these spots and rename it php_mysql.dll, I get this error:

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Invalid library (maybe not a PHP library) 'php_mysql.dll' in Unknown on line 0

Someone said that this file does not work for MySQL 4.0.21, is that the cause of this problem (or set of problems) or should I look further? I'm really stumped here.

Thank you,
-Jim Stapleton