zlib.dll

OK, so I installed the windows PHP-GTK modules (comes with PHP4) on a
windows XP machine where I was also running the FoxServ windows version of
php/python/mysql, placing a zlib file from the GTK package into the
windows/system directory, according to the GTK instructions, suddenly my
server environment no longer works.  One confusion factor was the alert from
from XP-sp2 system complaining of a security problem with apache.

So I did a search for zlib files on my c drive and came up with a surprising
list of locations;

Mysql has one in mysql\lib\debug
Python has one python\Doc\lib (module-zlib and test_zlib.py)
CuteFTP Pro in its program directory
CuteZIP has one in its program directory (ZLIB.dll all caps)
Dreamweaver MX2004 in its program directory
and ZlibF.dll in its Configuration\Content\Reference\PHP library
QuickBooks Pro (zlib32.dll in its program directory)
Microsoft Office ACWZLIB.dll in its directory (Program Files\Microsoft
Office\Office\1033)(shows access icon)

Error received was the following;

---------------- snip ------------------------------
Apache HTTP Server has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are
sorry for the inconvenience.

Error signature

szAppName : Apache.exe szAppVer : 2.0.39.0 szModName : php4apache2.dll

szModVer : 0.0.0.0 offset : 00001ad9

Asking me if I wanted to send and error report to microsoft, with page not
found in the browser.

Here are my questions;

Are these really the same files, if not are they similar, if not does the Z
in zlib relate to zend at all?

Warren Vail