FW: Church Database

 > I'm a novice programmer and was looking into using MySQL and PHP to
 > implement the system.
 > Am I on the right track?
 > Any thoughts or suggestions?
 That's a good start.  If you also put it on an Apache Server
 it will all be free as they are all Open Source = Free.

 > Me being a beginner am I going to eat up to much time on my
 learning curve?
 That's hard to answer, PHP, Apache, and MySQL have GREAT
 documentation websites for learning.  I program in PHP all
 day so it's easy for me, but there is a slight learning curve.

 > Would I be better off paying someone to do this?
 Depends on the situation.  Would you be willing to take the
 time to learn and donate your time?  Does the church need
 this quickly?  On the flip side, If you write the code you
 will be familiar and can update and fix it later for the church.

 > Project wise is this a small, medium, or large undertaking.
 I'd say Medium because of your learning curve.  The code
 itself is pretty reusable and small.  Your basically adding
 data to a DB and retrieving it, no heavy processing.

 aaron wagner