Oracle statement handles... or resources in general

Hi NG!

Consider the following piece of (simplified) code:

$sql = "SELECT * FROM table";
$sth = ociparse ($conn, $sql);
ociexecute ($sth);
$sql = "SELECT * FROM table2";
$sth = ociparse ($conn, $sql);
ociexecute ($sth);

I have just been reading an article on php|arch that states that each open
statement handle in Oracle represents a cursor, and given that I am using
persistent connections will hold resources until the Apache child thread
terminates.  Now, my question is whether, by using the same variable for the
statement handle, the previous resources are deallocated, or whether I am
just piling up loads of cursors on the database?

Mikey
---
Developer - Radius Design Ltd.