PHP4 and PHP5 w/ IIS6.0, Win Server 2003 (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\...\IniFilePath vs. PATH vs. PHPRC) concurrent installation

Greetings,

I've been looking all over for an answer to this predicament... seamless
installation of PHP4 and PHP5 in the same machine...

My environment:
  Windows Enterprise Server 2003
  IIS6.0
  PHP3.8.9
  PHP5.0.1
  MYSQL4.0.20d
  MS SQL2000

I would like to create a nice integration development environment in the
same machine that supports IIS -> PHP -> (Mysql or MSSQL) in the same server

I've had a very hard time getting PHP4 and PHP5 running concurrently. The
closest that I was able to get it was to

Unpack all php 4 into c:\httpd\php4
copy all files from c:\httpd\php4\sapi\* and dll\* into c:httpd\php4
directory (i.e. move up one directory)
Unpack all php 5 into c:\httpd\php5
Set the administration PATH env variable to
PATH=...;c:\httpd\php5\;c:\httpd\php4
Go to IIS -> Web Service Extensions - > Add New Extension (1) for PHP
pointing to c:\httpd\php4\php4isapi.dll and (2) for PHP5 pointing to
c:\httpd\php5\php5isapi.dll
Go to IIS -> Web Sites -> [Properties]  -> Home Directory ->
Configuration... -> add mappings .php5 to php5isapi.dll and .php to
php5isapi.dll
edit php.ini-recommended on each directory (i.e. php4 and php5) only
uncommented several dynamic extensions and, cgi.force_redirect = 0, and
extension_dir = "c:\httpd\[php4 | php5]\ext\"
Cold boot

While I can get both php to respond correctly, I cannot see any dynamic
extensions loaded.

Qustions:

Under the above arrangement which php.ini is being use for php5? At one
point I deleted php.ini and it made no difference.

I have opted to set PHPRC = c:\httpd\php5 which does ready the php.ini and
loads my extension correctly. However I break php4. What to do?

Many thanks for any insight into this...

Orlando