RE: Converting a dos console batch file to aphp shell script

Good to know. But wouldn't "flush()" or something still have worked?

Maybe try isolating the issue, Jim.  Write a test script and slowly add
things to it until you get to the point where it's buffering too much.
Maybe it internally buffers whatever commands you're trying to run (you
using exec or something?) and doesn't hold it in the "output buffer" per
se.  Maybe it's in a different buffer.  I don't know.

Mind posting some sample code for us to look at?

-TG