From: Frank M. Kromann [mailto:frank@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2004 9:10 PM
To: php-windows@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE:  Converting a dos console batch file to aphp shell
script

There is another directive too:

; Implicit flush tells PHP to tell the output layer to flush itself ;
automatically after every output block.  This is equivalent to calling the ;
PHP function flush() after each and every call to print() or echo() and each
; and every HTML block.  Turning this option on has serious performance ;
implications and is generally recommended for debugging purposes only.
implicit_flush = Off

When you are using the CGI version this is off by default and the CLI
version sets this to on by default.

- Frank

> Silly response, but did you try the "flush()" command?
>
> There's also a setting in the PHP.INI:
> output_buffering = Off
>
> Also check the Output Control Functions:
> http://us4.php.net/manual/en/ref.outcontrol.php
>
> Hope this helps!
>
> -TG

the