Converting a dos console batch file to a php shell script

Hi everyone,

I've been searching for info to help me troubleshoot an issue I'm having
with displaying output to the console during script processing, but I'm not
having much luck. I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this or point me
in right direction.

I have a foreach construct that loops through an associative array and calls
a nested function. Inside the foreach loop I would like to display the
current array information that is being processed prior to passing to the
nested function call. The problem I'm running into is that the output to the
console window is delayed till after the forloop as completed, as if it's
being buffered then flushed at the end.

Any ideas how I can display information as processing occurs?

Thanks in advance,

Jim