Re: Persistant Socket Across Different Scripts

Justin Borodinsky wrote:
I would like to be able to communicate over this stream with the
client using a browser and PHP.  I can open the stream when the script
runs for the first time, but each time the user gets the script again
the connection is being re-made.  I tried pfsockopen but it seemed to
work the same of fsockopen.

pfsockopen isn't the right way here. There is no way to do this with php. You would have to write a program, that is running in the background and keeps the connection open, to which you pass data with php.