Re: Run system command from PHP

>I am trying to modify the registry by running a *.reg dynamically created
by PHP.  I am having trouble gettting the file to
>execute from within PHP.  I actually create a *.reg file and save it.  I
then try to run it from PHP.  I've tried using exec,
>system, shell_exec() and none seem to actually work.  I don't get an error
message either.

This is correct, as the web-server does not have a valid hWnd to send any
error prompts to.

>When I run the *.reg file from a cmd window, it works fine.  I also noticed
that it prompts the user once and then
>confirms the change using some alert box mechanism (windows builtin).

>Is there anyway to do this?

Depends on how much programming you know... you would either use the
Win32API extension and link directly into the system calls for creating
regsitry keys (prolly difficult), or you could make/buy/find for free a COM
object that simplifies this process (a lot simpler).

Mikey