Run system command from PHP

I am trying to modify the registry by running a *.reg dynamically created by PHP.  I am having trouble gettting the file to execute from within PHP.  I actually create a *.reg file and save it.  I then try to run it from PHP.  I've tried using exec, system, shell_exec() and none seem to actually work.  I don't get an error message either.

When I run the *.reg file from a cmd window, it works fine.  I also noticed that it prompts the user once and then confirms the change using some alert box mechanism (windows builtin).

Is there anyway to do this?

--
Gerardo S. Rojas
mailto: grojas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx