MemoryMangement?

Greeting all,

So I've been looking for some functions in PHP that will report the memory used by a script (I
used to know this). The reason is I am working on a personal picture gallery package in PHP and
was using this package, http://www.offsky.com/software/exif/index.php, to extract the EXIF
information from my photos for display. My ISP doe not allow the EXIF libs on the default PHP
install so I was looking for a pure PHP alternative. This EXIF package is pure PHP.

What I am running into is this. I have a readdir loop and a call for each file to the EXIF
package. After about 15 files processed I get an error about 'emalloc could not allocate XXXXXX
bytes of memory'. I looked at the EXIF package and didn't find anything.

The package (via function call) returns an array. I have added an unset to the return reference
once I have finished but still get the error.

Note: I am not asking for help with the EXIF package. Just wondering about some memory monitoring
functions in PHP.

Thanks,
Paul