Re: PHP Extension building issue on Win32

your vs project lib dirs might not configured correctly

in visual studio, go to tools/options, go to the directories tab, and show directories for Library files.

add a new entry for {path to your build dir}\win32build\lib, and move it to the top of the list.

Vincent Graux wrote:

Hello,

I followed instructions at http://www.devnewz.com/090902b.html about setting up correctly a VC++ project for building an extension, and I tried to build the provided "hello world" example.

Helas, I still get this "unresolved external symbol" kind of linker errors :

Compiling...
test1.cpp
[warnings about externals]
Linking...
test1.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _zend_printf
Release_TS/php_test1.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

Is there anything I missed ? Except that I use VC++ 5 SP3 and php4ts.lib of latest 4.3.7 in stead of VC++ 6 and 4.2, I don't see any meaningful configuration discrepancy...

Below the first message that I - apparently wrongly and to no avail - sent to php-internals because I thought it was a Zend Engine settings problem.

Any help welcome ; I'm sure a lot of people here can help me by diverting some ticks of their precious brain processing time :D

VGR