Re: php_gettext and php_iconv extensions

Daniel Blake" <danblake@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Ok, it took awhile but I finally got it working.  Here are the
instructions so
> everyone can get it working easier.  There are two DLL's that need to be
in the
> Windows\System32 directory and two that need to be in your extension_dir
with
> the PHP 4.3.4 package.

FYI:

I have *nothing* PHP related in my windows (or /system32) directory.

Nothing at all.

I do not have php.ini in there either.

I have all my PHP files in their own directory; G:\etc\php as it happens.

By placing 'PHPRC' in your environmental variables (left-click 'my
computer' -> properties) and give the path to your php directory, all will
be fine with the world.

In fact, my Perl, Apache (with mold_perl and SSL), PHP and mySQL are in
their own directories, all integrate just fine.

If this is of any interest, for more info...

   http://web.torres.ws/dev/php

This also make back ups and restores a breeze.

I back up my G volume, simply burn to CD. Then, when I need to restore the
system, I just drag the contents of the CD to the new G, insert a few env
vars and everything works!

Just wanted to share.

Walter