Re: php_gettext and php_iconv extensions

Ok, it took awhile but I finally got it working.  Here are the instructions so
everyone can get it working easier.  There are two DLL's that need to be in the
Windows\System32 directory and two that need to be in your extension_dir with
the PHP 4.3.4 package.  I don't know about newer versions of PHP, Brent's post
suggests the PHP people made it work out of the box in version 4.3.6.

The php.ini file is correct with just unremarking
extension=php_gettext.dll
extension=php_iconv.dll

Put these DLLs in the Windows\System32 directory.
libintl-1.dll (yes they've renamed the DLL)
iconv.dll

php_gettext.dll in diferent versions
PHP <= 4.2.0 requires gnu_gettext.dll (bundled)
PHP >= 4.2.3 requires libintl-1.dll, iconv.dll (bundled)

Put these two files in your extension_dir directory.
php_gettext.dll
php_iconv.dll

Restart your computer and that should get it working.  It's working for me now.

Daniel Blake