RE: Blank Screen-Newbie

Sounds like it's not interpretting the PHP scripts properly.  Check the
following page and trace through the instructions making sure you
followed all the steps:

http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.apache2.php

I think there's an error log you can check too, but it's been a while
since I've run Apache and I don't remember off the top of my head.

Sounds like you did everything you needed to, but it's still not running
it through the PHP interpreter.

Let us know what you figure out.

-TG