RE: Strange e-mails

I contacted Amazon about this and twice received form letters back
claiming it was a virus spoofing their address.  After assuring them
that it wasn't a virus and pressing the issue, they finally seem to have
gotten it to the right people to look at it.

I received this email the other day:

| Hello,
|
| Just a quick note to let you know I received a "trouble ticket"
| from one of our people in HR letting me know of a problem with
| the jobs@xxxxxxxxxx autoresponder.
|
| I'm going to look into this matter and escalate to our system
| administrators as needed to see what we can do to prevent this
| from happening any more.
|
| We'll do what we can to resolve this as soon as possible.  Sorry
| for any inconvenience this is causing you.
|
| -Dave

been getting the emails, but maybe I just havn't posted on some of the
others as much.

At any rate, I think it's just someone who works in HR at Amazon or some
other kind of auto-responder set up in their system that sends out a
courtesy email saying "Thanks, we received your email and will get back
to you shortly".

If people keep getting messages from Amazon, you might want to contact
the guy above and forward him your email headers.  Be courteous though,
this is likely a simple mistake and I'm guessing it's not "Dave's"
fault.  Try to work with him to solve the problem, don't just flame the
poor guy.

I havn't received anything from a Swiss bank, but any time you get
something like this, try sending a message to "abuse@xxxxxxxxxxx" or
"postmaster@.." or "admin@.." or something along those lines.  Sysadmins
don't want their users spamming the world and giving them a bad name, so
go right to the top with your inquiry. :)

-TG