Re: quotes in mysql

replace $check with mysql_escape_string($check);

--
// DvDmanDT
MSN: dvdmandt¤hotmail.com
"Sudeep sarath" <sudeepfiles@xxxxxxxxxxx> skrev i meddelandet
> Hi friends,
>
> I have a 'textarea' in my php page and i need to put the details typed in
that textarea box to my MySQL database. The content in the textarea box
is(for example) : I'm a good boy.

> and insert string is:
>
> insert into table_name (describe) values('" . $check . "')
>
> where check is the variable that stores the POST data of textarea. Also
the field "describe" is of a text datatype.

> what happens is that i can't take the content string to the database.
B'cause it contains I'm (a single quote in between I and m) which confuses
mySql that string terminates after I. Is there any solution for this problem
as we cannot tell the users "dont put quotes in textarea".