Apache running...now what?

I believe I have already done everything to install PHP, and Apache starts
up fine for me (Apache 1.3.29).

But, it seems that Apache still doesn't know what to do with the PHP files.

I added the following lines to my httpd.conf file:

LoadModule php4_module c:/php/php4apache.dll

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php3

(I did not use php4apache2.dll because my thoughts are that php4apache2.dll
is for Apache 2.)

I edited my index.html.en file by adding the following line:

When I start the Apache service and click my test link, I get odd results.

At first it would launch DreamWeaver. I noticed in my registry that .php was
registered as a DreamWeaver application. So I pointed it to IE, and then to
PHP.exe. I have no idea what it is supposed to point to.

If anyone has PHP on their Windows machine, could you export your
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\phpfile registry key to a file and e-mail it to me?
(jadams@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jadams@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>)

Otherwise, I have no idea what I am doing wrong.

Thank you!