From: Sudeep Sarath [mailto:sudeepfiles@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2004 11:40 PM
To: php-windows@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  Session not working

Hello everyone,

I recently installed Apache 1.3.9 server and php 4.3.4(from win32 zip
package) on my system with Windows98SE as o/s. I configured the httpd.conf
and php.ini as per the instructions on the install.txt file of php. First i
got an error with regard to the path of session.save_path. I changed /tmp to
c:/program files/Apache group/Apache/tmp and the error was gone and it
worked perfectly. But when i use a script like this:-

test1.php
session_start();
$_session["value"]="Good Morning";
header('location: http://localhost/test2.php'); ?>

test2.php
session_start();
$check=$_session["value"];
echo $check;
?>

Insted of getting "Good Morning" displayed on the test2.php page, i get a
blank page.
But i see that a file is being created with a lengthy name in the
session.save_path directory with 0 byte size.
I must also add here that session_register is working fine. But what is
happening with $_session when i use header-location- i don't know. Please
anyone help. I am trying to fix this for the last 5 days. I am also getting
a warning from the apache console window that "warn[2] No such file or
directory exists, exec() may not be safe. apache on win32 is
running.......". But apache is working fine in http://localhost.

Yahoo! India Insurance Special: Be informed on the best policies, services,
tools and more.