Best way to check for user 'Administrator' group membership

Hi all,

System: Windows Advanced Server 2000 running IIS5
PHP version 4.3.3 running CGI
User authentication: via Windows (all users)

Question. I have a web site I put together that is used by many different users. These users are
all local accounts. Some are members of the Administrators group and others are just general
users.

What I want is a way to determine is the user is part of the Administrators group. If so the user
will see an extra menu option. If not the option will not even be available to them. I was trying
to accomplish this via a local file site to be accessible only by 'Administrators'. I added the
PHP function 'is_writable(<filename>)' to my code. This does not seem to work.

Any suggestions?

FPM