Re: problems with spam

At 04:11 PM 16/02/2004 +0100, you wrote:
On Mon, 2004-02-16 at 15:36, mayo wrote:
> Has anybody else been getting spammed with penis and breast enlargeners to
> their listserv email?
>
> I use mayo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx solely for listservs and in the past week I've
> started getting 5-10 spams a day.

Oh dear have I - for years.... I even tried to enlarge my penis, but bot
even that help to get rid of the spam.

You know, ought to smile and keep pressing that delete button very,
very, often.

In my case it means deleting +30 spams a day, with all kind of different
interesting(?) adult content.

Hi guys.

Two tools that help me deal with spam or aviod it:
www.mailwasher.net (for Win platforms only)
www.spammotel.com

I use MailWasher daily and dealing with spam (even bouncing it to fake a non-existing address) has become less painful. To avoid being spammed again, i use SpamMotel for creating 'disposable' addresses.
Go and see yourself if any of these suits your needs.

I suggest all spammed webmasters to set up a 'spam trap' in their sites to fight back spammers (scripts to generate fake addresses to poison spammer's DB's). More spam-fighting resources at: www.spamhelp.org, www.spamcon.org, www.spamcop.net

Just my 2 cents.

--
Alfonso Montero López		| PGP Public Key available
PGP Key ID: 0x8F897F0E		| Llave PGP Pública disponible