Re: php4isapi.dll causes instability in memory

Looks good, although its increment server (2) setting wasn't enough, I kept
getting a Server Error, unable to connect to fastcgi server. error.  I
changed it to (5) and did IISRESET, now I have 5 php.exe processes handling
the load, very nice, it seems to work!

"John Lim" <jlim@natsoft.com.my> wrote in message
20040118172142.94955.qmail@pb1.pair.com">news:20040118172142.94955.qmail@pb1.pair.com...
> Hi,
>
> I can feel your pain. I had this problem too.
>
> The only high performance stable solution for IIS that i know is FastCGI.
>
> See http://php.weblogs.com/fastcgi_with_php_and_iis
>
> John Lim
>
> "Brian" <brian@nextmill.net> wrote in message
> 20040118050642.3652.qmail@pb1.pair.com">news:20040118050642.3652.qmail@pb1.pair.com...
> > PHP 4.3.4 Windows Binary  -  No extensions enabled
> >
> > I have been fighting this battle on a number of servers and finally
found
> > the culprit.
> >
> > PHP4isapi.dll is constantly causing exceptions that eventually after
> awhile
> > cause the HIGH ISOLATED memory websites in IIS 5 to become unstable
where
> it
> > eventually causes the dllhost.exe (high isolated memory for a website)
> > start crashing every 6-12 hours and produce the follow error in Event
> Viewer
> > EVENT ID 37
> > Out of process application '/LM/W3SVC/6/Root' terminated unexpectedly.
> >

> > I ran a program called IISSTATE to watch the threads and found that with
> > php4isapi enabled, everytime a PHP script executes, it produces 3
> exceptions
> > (1284.166c): Unknown exception - code 8001010e (first chance)
> > (1284.10e4): Unknown exception - code 8001010e (first chance)
> > (1284.10e4): Unknown exception - code 8001010e (first chance)
> >
> > If I reconfigure IIS to use php.exe, and unload the memory for the site
so
> > that it starts using the new php.exe setting immediately, then the
Unknown

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=php4isapi.dll+problems&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&scoring=d&selm=bogd2u%2487f%241%40FreeBSD.csie.NCTU.edu.tw&rnum=3