Re: mssql_connect problem

Hi,

One problem could be name resolution. The mssql server uses a default
protocol to connect to the server. If you just install the client
libraries (or just copied ntwdblib.dll) the default protocol would be
netbeui (named pipes) and that might not be routed/enabled on your
network.

To make sure your client can connect to the server you should configure
the client network utility (a program installed with MS SQL Client tools).
You can use this application to set the default protocol, and you can
create aliases that combines a name to a server through a specific
protocol.

Another problem could be the configuration of the SQL Server. Does it
allow SQL user names or does it require a trusted connection. Use
mssql.secure_connection = 0 or 1 in php.ini to alter this.

- Frank