Re: embedded PHP in HTML

Piotr Pluciennik wrote:

Try this way... remove <script language="php"> and
</script>

<head>
</head>

<?php echo "hello there";
?>

HTH
Piotr

--- Ahmad Khashan <akhashan_or@yahoo.com> wrote:

I am trying to get this code to work: <html>
<head>
</head>
<script language="php">
<?php echo ("hello there");
?>
</script>

The PHP code is not executed. Any way to get this to
work?. BTW, I can execute PHP files if i use the
form....action...submit route.

Many thanks....

Yes, PHP is not a client-side scripting language, it is server side. (<script> is used for client-side scripting.)

Is this in a file with a .html or a .php extension? Were the ones that worked .php? I would suggest, 1) using a .php extension for all PHP scripts. This won't change how they're displayed in the browser. If you don't want that, change your webserver's configuration to parse .html files as PHP scripts.

--
paperCrane <Justin Patrin>