Re: PHP 4.3.4 and Sessions

Why would you need to save login and passwd in the session?

It must be better once you validate login and passwd, the just register one unique id as a session id, if the user logged out destroy that session id.

If there is more than one previllege for the user. You may register a user id, previllege, and session id (unique id) so that you can distingue user previllege too.

:)

Sascha Kaufmann wrote:
Hello everyone

I have some major problems with the 4.3.4 version under Windows XP SP 1 with both, Apache 1.3.29 and IIS.
PHP creates wrong(?) session files, it adds lots of spaces and a session file looks like:

status|s:2:"ok ";user|s:5:"admin     ";userid|i:14;language|s:2:"de ";

I register the session variables with $_SESSION['status'] = "ok";

or it adds a space after a string which is very annoying at the Password verification, I just can't login to my application which *works* with versions < 4.3.4 :(
Had someone a similar problem and has a fix for it?