Re: How to find out if PC is online

thanks, good idea

J.Veenhuijsen wrote:
Try :

gethostbyaddr (PHP 3, PHP 4 )
Get the Internet host name corresponding to a given IP address
string gethostbyaddr (string ip_address)
Returns the host name of the Internet host specified by ip_address. If an error occurs, eturns
ip_address.
See also gethostbyname().

Jochem

Jan Hrebenar wrote:

Hello All,

I`d like to make script which will detect
if my computer at IP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is online.
I try to use system("ping") but this function
is not allowed on server.

Can somebody tell me if exist any other way
to do this?

Pls excuse my english