COM Hangs Script if another Script is doing something at the same time

Long subject but, it's a weird problem.

I am running a system that has 1 COM object used in a couple different
spots.  Basically the usage is on 3 pages in a 30-40 page system.  So it
is not that many locations.

I have noticed that if I am accessing a script at the same time a COM
script is running, then the COM script hangs.

This is running on Apache2.
PHP 4.3.4
PEAR DB Library

Any ideas on this?