output caching

Hi All

What is the best way to implement output chaching with PHP?

I've only done a small amount of PHP work, I'm coming from a mostly
ASP/ASP.NET background. In ASP.NET you can set a directive at the top of
each script if the page should cache or not, how many seconds it shoudl be
cached, and which combination of QueryString or HTTP Post variables it
should consider when caching. Once cached, clients get served the output of
the requested script, and the script is only executed once its expiration is
reached.

Is there a similar mechanism with PHP, or any sort of add-on?

Thansk

Brandon